ROLE OVERVIEW: As the Commercial Manager – Plastic Company, you will play a crucial role in shaping the financial and operational success of our plastic manufacturing business. Your responsibilities will include financial analysis, pricing strategies, market insights, and strategic planning to support growth and profitability. The ideal candidate will bring a proven track record of driving results and optimizing commercial operations within the FMCG and plastic manufacturing sectors.
• Lead financial planning and analysis efforts for the plastic manufacturing division, including budgeting, forecasting, and performance analysis.
• Develop and implement effective pricing strategies that balance profitability with market competitiveness for our plastic products.
• Monitor industry trends, customer preferences, and competitor activities to identify growth opportunities and potential risks.
• Provide strategic insights and recommendations to senior management based on financial analysis and market intelligence.
• Drive initiatives to optimize costs, enhance operational efficiency, and improve overall financial performance.
• Ensure compliance with accounting standards, regulatory requirements, and internal controls for financial reporting.
• Manage key relationships with suppliers, distributors, and other stakeholders in the plastic industry.
• Lead the preparation of business cases and financial models for new plastic product launches or market expansion.
• Collaborate closely with sales and marketing teams to align commercial strategies with business objectives.
• Provide mentorship and guidance to financial analysts and contribute to their professional development.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
• Chartered Accountant qualification (e.g., ICAN, ACCA) is mandatory.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in financial or commercial management roles within the FMCG, plastic, or manufacturing industries.
• Strong financial acumen and analytical skills.
• Proficiency in financial modelling and data analysis.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Proven ability to develop and execute pricing strategies for plastic products.
• Experience in budget management, financial planning, and cost optimization.
• Knowledge of plastic manufacturing processes and industry dynamics is a plus.
• Strong leadership and team management capabilities.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and financial software.
• Competitive salary with performance-based bonuses.
• Comprehensive health and wellness benefits package.
• Opportunities for career growth and professional development.
• Collaborative and innovative work environment.