A reputable engineering firm which is into Mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) Extra low voltage systems (ELVS), Building management systems (BMS) & Automation services, is sourcing for:
Job title: *Quantity Surveyor(MEP, Construction estimator )*
3-5 years relative working experience.
Location: Lekki Lagos (Island)
Expected resumption: Immediately
• Generate bill from project designed drawings and specifi cation
• To track changes to design and or construction work and adjust budget projects accordingly
• Liaising with clients to identify their needs
• Estimating quantities, costs and time scales for material and labour
• Preparing tender and contract documents
• Identifying and weighing up commercial risks
• Negotiating contracts and Assigning work to subcontractors
• Valuing completed work, managing budgets and overseeing payments
• Ensuring projects meet legal and quality standards
• Ensuring that clients get value for their money
• Advising on the maintenance costs of specific buildings
• Submitting regular budget reports
• Following building regulations and health and safety
• Working at a client’s business, in an office or on a construction site.
• Bill estimation skills
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong Arithmetic knowledge
• Excellent attention to detail
• Analytical thinking skills
• Understanding of engineering science and technology
• Knowledge of building and construction
• Ability to use your initiative.
• Proficiency in the use of computer operating systems, and software
• Be thorough and pay attention to the element details
• Ability to manage time efficiently
• Bachelor’s degree or HND in Quantity surveyor or related field.