Qualifications: OND/HND or BSC in Agriculture only.
Experience: at least 4 years experience managing different types of crops
• Plan, develop, and implement policies, procedures, and practices for the operation of crop production and ensure compliance.
• Confer with the management team to evaluate soil and weather conditions and to develop plans and procedures for crop development.
• Observe instrument and gauge readings, ascertain the condition of the crop and perform related duties to verify worker adherence to instructions.
• Inspect fields and monitor growing plants and harvested crops to determine work requirements such as cultivating, spraying, thinning, weeding, irrigating, harvesting, and drying, according to the weather and condition of the soil, plants, and crops.
• Inspect work performed, observe instrument and gauge readings, ascertain the condition of the crop, and perform related duties to verify worker adherence to instructions.
• Oversee the post-harvest handling/storing of crops.
• Maintain time and production records.
• Ensure effectiveness/efficiency of employee-assigned work.
• Develop/Manage/Monitor farm equipment maintenance schedules.
• Train workers in work procedures, safety policies, and the use of machinery and tools.
Apply to: talen[email protected] with “job title” as subject of the mail.