Gurugeeks Royalty Limited
Full Job Description
Are you a Software developer with a passion to deliver great user experience? Do you have a particular interest and background in software development or engineering and are ready to work in a very diverse technology environment?
Location: Ikeja, Lagos, Full time, Hybrid
Salary: # Competitive Salary + Bonus + Benefits, Pension
Hours: Mon-Fri. 37.5hrs
About the Company
Gurugeeks IT/Telecoms provides a diverse range of design, engineering and digital technology and transformation services and consultancy. Our focus is to provide distinctive solutions in areas of IT, Telecoms and Electrical Power Systems
Be part of the team that develops and runs our digital IT platforms, driving innovation in how we deliver to our customers and the rest of the business. Our Lagos development team is expanding with multiple opportunities available at different levels. We are looking for Software developers to implement e2e software application designs across our IT/Telecoms Ecosystems.
About the Role
We’re looking for a talented and well-rounded software engineer to help our product and technical teams to co-design, build, test and implement software solutions. As part of this role, you will build relationships with the management and other subject matter experts to develop their solutions.
- Collaborate with other team of software engineers/developers to complete large-scale as well as smaller projects according to pre-determined specifications, system requirements and security requirements.
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs as generated by Business Development Executives; conferring with Clients; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Engage with Technical Architects to design software/applications and architecture using collected data, systems analysis and prior bug reports; confer with management teams regarding user reports to personalize software and increase productivity.
- Support Pre-sales consultant in documenting proposals and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Determine viability of solutions by evaluating current problems, future requirements, existing solutions, and customized programs
- Prepare, install, debug and analyze solutions in harmony with system requirements and in conjunction with offering suggestions for policy change to improve operations.
- Research new technologies, advancements and industry improvements in order to stay abreast of the latest developments and enhance the success of the company.
- Document details of coding projects through a standardized process of writing program descriptions, cataloguing changes made and recording any special instruction
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Java, Nodejs, React, Django, Python, TypeScript, C#, .NET, JSON, YAML REST API
Depending on experience the following would be beneficial:
- 1-3 years of Commercial Software Development Experience
- Experience in Agile development
- Experience with Docker or containers
- Experience with cloud-based services, i.e., AWS, Azure
- Experience with IaC, i.e., Ansible, Terraform, Helm, etc
- Experience with container orchestration, i.e., Kubernetes, etc
- Experience with CI/CD, i.e., Jenkins, CircleCI, GitLab, etc
- Experience with producing and consuming APIs, both RESTful and GraphQL
- Experience with working with both relational and non-relational databases (i.e., MySQL, MongoDB, etc)